Renowned nature photographer Danny Green comes to Wisbech for a talk about his work
- Credit: Archant
A renowned wildlife photographer visited Wisbech and District Camera Club to talk to members about his career.
Danny Green of Leicester spoke about the art of wildlife photography and how to capture the perfect shot - sometimes taking thousands of shots and up to a week just to get that one magical image.
Many members and guests came from other clubs to see Danny, whose images are widely published.
In a different evening, members enjoyed a practical night with Stuart Ball, past president of the Peterborough Photographic Society.
He demonstrated how to use high speed flash and showed many nature images using this technique.
You may also want to watch:
Members were given the chance to try this with their own cameras.
The club’s second league competition was judged by Richard Houghton from Grantham, Lincolnshire.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
The top 20 scores from the colour prints competition came from Pat Atter with ‘Japanese Anemone’, Cliff Marsh with ‘Destruction’ and Pat Ringham with ‘On his way to a Century’.
The top 20 scores for the monochrome prints came from Judy Hodgson with ‘Tibetan Monk’ and Roger Newark with ‘Vampire Hunter’.
The top 20 scores for the projected competition came from Judy Hodgson with ‘Graduation’ and from Martin Smart with ‘Rebecca’.
So far Cliff Marsh is on top of the colour prints, Roger Newark on top of the monochrome prints and Judy Hodgson on top of the PDI competition.
The next meeting is December 17 with the Christmas social night at the Elgood’s Football Stadium. For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.