Renowned nature photographer Danny Green comes to Wisbech for a talk about his work
- Credit: Archant
A renowned wildlife photographer visited Wisbech and District Camera Club to talk to members about his career.
Danny Green of Leicester spoke about the art of wildlife photography and how to capture the perfect shot - sometimes taking thousands of shots and up to a week just to get that one magical image.
Many members and guests came from other clubs to see Danny, whose images are widely published.
In a different evening, members enjoyed a practical night with Stuart Ball, past president of the Peterborough Photographic Society.
He demonstrated how to use high speed flash and showed many nature images using this technique.
Members were given the chance to try this with their own cameras.
The club’s second league competition was judged by Richard Houghton from Grantham, Lincolnshire.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
The top 20 scores from the colour prints competition came from Pat Atter with ‘Japanese Anemone’, Cliff Marsh with ‘Destruction’ and Pat Ringham with ‘On his way to a Century’.
The top 20 scores for the monochrome prints came from Judy Hodgson with ‘Tibetan Monk’ and Roger Newark with ‘Vampire Hunter’.
The top 20 scores for the projected competition came from Judy Hodgson with ‘Graduation’ and from Martin Smart with ‘Rebecca’.
So far Cliff Marsh is on top of the colour prints, Roger Newark on top of the monochrome prints and Judy Hodgson on top of the PDI competition.
The next meeting is December 17 with the Christmas social night at the Elgood’s Football Stadium. For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.