Pedestrian seriously injured after being forced off footpath by speeding motorcyclist
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian was seriously after jumping out of the way of a speeding motorcyclist on a footpath and into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
"The motorbike failed to stop," said Fenland police in a post to their Facebook page.
The incident happened last night (Friday) at around 5.05pm on Weasenham Lane, Wisbech.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the collision.
"The pedestrian was taken to hospital with a serious injury," said the police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
"Did witness the collision? Did you see this bike? Did you see the riding prior to the collision? Are you the rider?"
Police appealed for any witnesses to call 101 and quote incident 361 of 07/02/2020.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
One witness has already provided CCTV footage of the motorcyclist passing their home only a minute earlier.
"He drove very fast near my house," says the resident who has shown police a clip from his CCTV.
A woman who works in the area told police: "When we left off work at 5pm, there was someone on a motorbike down Algores Way, speeding and revving like mad in the field where the proposed incinerator is planned."
She added: "Sorry didn't see who it was just heard it."
Another resident told police: "At 17:10 a motorbike came past us with no lights on and the rider had no helmet on, and the bike looked smashed up, near the Friday Bridge camp."
Many others have now contacted the police about motorcycles being driven dangerously around the town in recent days.