Wisbech motorcyclist Michael Alan Howard killed in crash: ‘Disqualified, uninsured and unlicensed driver’ faces charge of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A ‘disqualified, uninsured and unlicensed’ driver faces a charge of causing death by dangerous driving after a crash which killed Wisbech motorcyclist Michael Alan Howard.
Neville Smith, 22, of no fixed address, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving whilst disqualified, causing death by driving whilst unlicensed/uninsured, failing to stop after a road accident, making off without making payment, theft from a motor vehicle, fraud by false representation and aggravated vehicle taking.
He will appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court today (August 24).
Michael Alan Howard, 42, from Burrett Road, Walsoken, Wisbech died when the grey Suzuki GSXR 750 K4 he was riding was involved in a collision with two cars on Bretton Way, Peterborough, on Wednesday (22 August).
A 16-year-old girl from Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old from man Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, theft of a motor vehicle and drug driving has also been released under investigation.
A police spokesman said: “Emergency services were called at 5.25pm on August 22 to reports of a collision in Bretton Way involving two cars and a motorcycle.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
The road was closed for seven hours.