Wisbech motorcyclist Michael Alan Howard killed in crash: ‘Disqualified, uninsured and unlicensed driver’ faces charge of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A ‘disqualified, uninsured and unlicensed’ driver faces a charge of causing death by dangerous driving after a crash which killed Wisbech motorcyclist Michael Alan Howard.
Neville Smith, 22, of no fixed address, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving whilst disqualified, causing death by driving whilst unlicensed/uninsured, failing to stop after a road accident, making off without making payment, theft from a motor vehicle, fraud by false representation and aggravated vehicle taking.
He will appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court today (August 24).
Michael Alan Howard, 42, from Burrett Road, Walsoken, Wisbech died when the grey Suzuki GSXR 750 K4 he was riding was involved in a collision with two cars on Bretton Way, Peterborough, on Wednesday (22 August).
A 16-year-old girl from Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old from man Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, theft of a motor vehicle and drug driving has also been released under investigation.
A police spokesman said: “Emergency services were called at 5.25pm on August 22 to reports of a collision in Bretton Way involving two cars and a motorcycle.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The road was closed for seven hours.