Wisbech motorcyclist Michael Alan Howard killed in crash: ‘Disqualified, uninsured and unlicensed driver’ faces charge of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A ‘disqualified, uninsured and unlicensed’ driver faces a charge of causing death by dangerous driving after a crash which killed Wisbech motorcyclist Michael Alan Howard.
Neville Smith, 22, of no fixed address, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving whilst disqualified, causing death by driving whilst unlicensed/uninsured, failing to stop after a road accident, making off without making payment, theft from a motor vehicle, fraud by false representation and aggravated vehicle taking.
He will appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court today (August 24).
Michael Alan Howard, 42, from Burrett Road, Walsoken, Wisbech died when the grey Suzuki GSXR 750 K4 he was riding was involved in a collision with two cars on Bretton Way, Peterborough, on Wednesday (22 August).
A 16-year-old girl from Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and aggravated vehicle taking has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old from man Peterborough who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, theft of a motor vehicle and drug driving has also been released under investigation.
A police spokesman said: “Emergency services were called at 5.25pm on August 22 to reports of a collision in Bretton Way involving two cars and a motorcycle.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
The road was closed for seven hours.