Dads join their sons and daughters for day at Emneth Nursery School
FORGET take your children to work day — sons and daughters took their dads to nursery at a Fenland school. Youngsters at Emneth Nursery School showed their dads a thing or two about what they do as 14 fathers turned up to take part in school.
FORGET take your children to work day - sons and daughters took their dads to nursery at a Fenland school.
Youngsters at Emneth Nursery School showed their dads a thing or two about what they do as 14 fathers turned up to take part in school.
The event was pioneered by the Government three years ago in a bid to get more men interested in childcare, but proved so popular in Emneth that the school now holds a dad's day each month.
Marsha Jones, head of community at the school, said: "The pride we see in their faces is great. The idea is that they can show their dad where they spend their time.
"Although we are getting more dads and granddads coming, it is more the women who do the too-ing and fro-ing. It is just so important that the child understands that they [fathers] are interested in them."
Stephan Wedge was one of the dads who took a day off work to accompany his four-year-old daughter Abbie.
- 1 Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
He said: "I get to do things with Abbie on her own. She is showing off and has pride in what she does."
Abbie said: "I've been playing with my dad. He's been rolling me on the big ball. I also played on the computer and in the moon sand.