Cyclist dies in road accident in Bawsey, near King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has died following a road accident in Bawsey, near King’s Lynn, this morning.
Officers were called to the B1145 Gayton Road at 6.31am following a collision involving a van and a cyclist.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene and next of kin have been informed.
The road was closed from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital roundabout to Brow of the Hill, Leziate until 11.40am while emergency services dealt with the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We got a call about 6.30am to a collision involving a cyclist. We sent an ambulance crew, an officer and a rapid response vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
One fire crew from King’s Lynn assisted the police.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision – witnesses should contact the serious collision investigation team on 101.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?