Cyclist dies in road accident in Bawsey, near King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has died following a road accident in Bawsey, near King’s Lynn, this morning.
Officers were called to the B1145 Gayton Road at 6.31am following a collision involving a van and a cyclist.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene and next of kin have been informed.
The road was closed from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital roundabout to Brow of the Hill, Leziate until 11.40am while emergency services dealt with the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We got a call about 6.30am to a collision involving a cyclist. We sent an ambulance crew, an officer and a rapid response vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
One fire crew from King’s Lynn assisted the police.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision – witnesses should contact the serious collision investigation team on 101.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family