Cycling, cake and charity for women of Chatteris Cycle Club in their first ever ‘Pink Ribbon Ride’
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Cycling Club women members held their first ‘Pink Ribbon Ride’ cycling event on Sunday.
The 10-mile event was organised by Louise Smith, Anita Matthews, Gemma Waters and Rachel Davies and to mark the 25th anniversary of Breast Cancer Care’ pink ribbon campaign.
The ride was open to all abilities and cycle styles and also aimed to showcase what the club has to offer women cyclists.
Louise Smith said: “Today’s event has been fantastic, the support has been phenomenal and most importantly the ladies have had a brilliant time.”
The ride started and ended at The Sportsman in Chatteris where cake and tea was served. So far the club has raised £175 for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Louise added: “We have received such positive feedback we will definitely hold the event next year.”
To find out more on Chatteris Cycling Club visit: www.chatteriscyclingub.com
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip