Crowds filled Elgood’s Brewery’s gardens in Wisbech for the annual jazz event
- Credit: Archant
There was a marvellous atmosphere on a very hot Sunday afternoon when approximately 350 people gathered in Elgood’s Brewery Gardens to enjoy music from the Theydon Select Six.
This was the biggest attendance ever at what has become a very popular annual event held to celebrate Father’s Day.
A fantastic range of prizes had been donated for a raffle in support of Norfolk Hospice Tapping House, which raised £450 for this worthy cause.
The event was organised by Dave and Sheila Dyer, who were delighted with the turn out.
Dave was particularly grateful to local jazz clubs at Peterborough, Stamford, Three Holes and Cambridge, and Leverington Parish Newsletter for help with publicity, which significantly boosted numbers.
You may also want to watch:
David & Sheila also expressed their thanks to everyone at Elgood’s who helped with the organisation.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph