Crowds filled Elgood’s Brewery’s gardens in Wisbech for the annual jazz event
- Credit: Archant
There was a marvellous atmosphere on a very hot Sunday afternoon when approximately 350 people gathered in Elgood’s Brewery Gardens to enjoy music from the Theydon Select Six.
This was the biggest attendance ever at what has become a very popular annual event held to celebrate Father’s Day.
A fantastic range of prizes had been donated for a raffle in support of Norfolk Hospice Tapping House, which raised £450 for this worthy cause.
The event was organised by Dave and Sheila Dyer, who were delighted with the turn out.
Dave was particularly grateful to local jazz clubs at Peterborough, Stamford, Three Holes and Cambridge, and Leverington Parish Newsletter for help with publicity, which significantly boosted numbers.
You may also want to watch:
David & Sheila also expressed their thanks to everyone at Elgood’s who helped with the organisation.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 6 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory