Cromwell Road Wisbech, closed temporarily because of fallen tree
- Credit: Archant
Police closed Cromwell Road, Wisbech, tonight after a fallen tree blocked the highway.
A police spokesman said: “As hard as we might try, because of a fallen tree and associated ‘foliage’, I don’t think we will be able to push this one off the road!”
County highways workers were called to remove the tree.
The spokesman said: “We’ve had to close Cromwell Road as a tree trunk is blocking the road between Tesco and the A47.
“The closure is on between Tesco and the A47.
You may also want to watch:
If you are planning a journey please divert via Elm Road / Weasenham Lane.”
The road was expected to re-open later.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family