Cromwell Road Wisbech, closed temporarily because of fallen tree
- Credit: Archant
Police closed Cromwell Road, Wisbech, tonight after a fallen tree blocked the highway.
A police spokesman said: “As hard as we might try, because of a fallen tree and associated ‘foliage’, I don’t think we will be able to push this one off the road!”
County highways workers were called to remove the tree.
The spokesman said: “We’ve had to close Cromwell Road as a tree trunk is blocking the road between Tesco and the A47.
“The closure is on between Tesco and the A47.
You may also want to watch:
If you are planning a journey please divert via Elm Road / Weasenham Lane.”
The road was expected to re-open later.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’