Cromwell Road Wisbech, closed temporarily because of fallen tree
- Credit: Archant
Police closed Cromwell Road, Wisbech, tonight after a fallen tree blocked the highway.
A police spokesman said: “As hard as we might try, because of a fallen tree and associated ‘foliage’, I don’t think we will be able to push this one off the road!”
County highways workers were called to remove the tree.
The spokesman said: “We’ve had to close Cromwell Road as a tree trunk is blocking the road between Tesco and the A47.
“The closure is on between Tesco and the A47.
You may also want to watch:
If you are planning a journey please divert via Elm Road / Weasenham Lane.”
The road was expected to re-open later.
- 1 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 7 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 8 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community