Cromwell Community College in Chatteris hosts ‘Schools Make Music’ event
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College was host to the Schools Make Music event that brings schools together to do as the title suggests, make music.
This year’s theme was ‘Music from around the World’, so each school sent a choir and performed two songs to a packed audience.
Nearly 400 parents and family members filled the college, watching the children perform.
At the start and end of the show, sponsored by Chatteris Rotary Club, all of the choirs joined together to perform en masse.
The first item of the show was accompanied by Cromwell student, Charley Gardener, who performed on piano without any sheet music.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Cromwell Rock band gave a rousing rendition of Bohemian Like You.
“Cromwell student, Asher Hayes, sang solo with her own composition of What The World Needs, accompanied by her music tutors.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
“Thanks must go to Cromwell’s director of music, Mrs Gayna O’Rourke, for the hard work she has put in over many months to make the whole evening a success.”