Cromwell Community College in Chatteris hosts ‘Schools Make Music’ event
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College was host to the Schools Make Music event that brings schools together to do as the title suggests, make music.
This year’s theme was ‘Music from around the World’, so each school sent a choir and performed two songs to a packed audience.
Nearly 400 parents and family members filled the college, watching the children perform.
At the start and end of the show, sponsored by Chatteris Rotary Club, all of the choirs joined together to perform en masse.
The first item of the show was accompanied by Cromwell student, Charley Gardener, who performed on piano without any sheet music.
A spokesman said: “Cromwell Rock band gave a rousing rendition of Bohemian Like You.
“Cromwell student, Asher Hayes, sang solo with her own composition of What The World Needs, accompanied by her music tutors.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 10 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
“Thanks must go to Cromwell’s director of music, Mrs Gayna O’Rourke, for the hard work she has put in over many months to make the whole evening a success.”