Cromwell Community College in Chatteris hosts ‘Schools Make Music’ event
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College was host to the Schools Make Music event that brings schools together to do as the title suggests, make music.
This year’s theme was ‘Music from around the World’, so each school sent a choir and performed two songs to a packed audience.
Nearly 400 parents and family members filled the college, watching the children perform.
At the start and end of the show, sponsored by Chatteris Rotary Club, all of the choirs joined together to perform en masse.
The first item of the show was accompanied by Cromwell student, Charley Gardener, who performed on piano without any sheet music.
A spokesman said: “Cromwell Rock band gave a rousing rendition of Bohemian Like You.
“Cromwell student, Asher Hayes, sang solo with her own composition of What The World Needs, accompanied by her music tutors.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
“Thanks must go to Cromwell’s director of music, Mrs Gayna O’Rourke, for the hard work she has put in over many months to make the whole evening a success.”