Cromwell Community College in Chatteris hosts ‘Schools Make Music’ event
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College was host to the Schools Make Music event that brings schools together to do as the title suggests, make music.
This year’s theme was ‘Music from around the World’, so each school sent a choir and performed two songs to a packed audience.
Nearly 400 parents and family members filled the college, watching the children perform.
At the start and end of the show, sponsored by Chatteris Rotary Club, all of the choirs joined together to perform en masse.
The first item of the show was accompanied by Cromwell student, Charley Gardener, who performed on piano without any sheet music.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Cromwell Rock band gave a rousing rendition of Bohemian Like You.
“Cromwell student, Asher Hayes, sang solo with her own composition of What The World Needs, accompanied by her music tutors.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 8 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 9 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run
- 10 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
“Thanks must go to Cromwell’s director of music, Mrs Gayna O’Rourke, for the hard work she has put in over many months to make the whole evening a success.”