Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A youth who was in possession of a police style baton in a town park was caught out thanks to CCTV.
Police officers were in the Artillery Street area of Wisbech when they spotted the youth on Saturday, September 25.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “Fenland/Peterborough CCTV saw a youth in the Artillery Street park with a police style baton.
“They decided to hide it, but CCTV was watching.
“The youth was stopped by response officers assisted by the Wisbech neighbourhood policing team.”
The youth was then taken home to his parents and after officers recovered the baton, they also found two metal BB guns that the youth had owned, which were also seized.
The spokesperson added: “Two metal BB guns were handed over and disclaimed to the police which was owned by the youth.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“Enquiries are ongoing with this incident.”
For more information and advice on knives and offensive weapons, visit: https://bit.ly/39Fdhbo.