Drink driver drove child, 7, whilst nearly five times over limit
- Credit: Archant
A woman who drove a seven-year-old child whilst nearly five times over the drink drive limit has been sentenced.
Jurate Rimgailiene was spotted by police driving a yellow Nissan Juke on the A1198 near Caxton with no rear lights on June 24.
Officers tried to get Rimgailiene to pull over, but continued driving around the area in a near 30-minute pursuit before stopping in Cambourne at around 11.45pm.
The 34-year-old woman blew 172 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, the legal limit being 35.
Police also found a seven-year-old boy sat in the back of the car.
Rimgailiene, of Crocus Grove, Peterborough, pleaded guilty to drink driving and failing to stop, and was given a 12-week suspended sentence for 12 months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on July 28.
She was also disqualified from driving for 32 months.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
You can report drink or drug driving to Cambridgeshire Police through a 24/7 confidential hotline, 0800 032 0845.