Woman cyclist killed in A1307 lorry crash near Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Credit: PA
A lorry driver has been arrested following the death of a woman cyclist who was killed in a collision near Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge this morning.
The woman, who is in her 20s, was on her bike when she was struck by a lorry just before 8am.
The A1307 has been closed at its junction with Fendon Road and is expected to remain so for several hours.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and to use the Trumpington entrance to the hospital.
An investigation has begun and the driver of the lorry, a 27-year-old man from Hertford, Hertfordshire, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving.
He has been taken to Huntingdon Police Station.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or who may have dashcam footage to get in touch.
Call Sgt Tom Daly via 101 or contact police via webchat https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw quoting incident 66 of today (October 7).
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 6 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home