Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- Credit: FACEBOOK
A Wisbech man has been charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis after he was stopped by officers last night (January 20).
Dean Clark, 57, was arrested in Market Place just after midnight after providing a breath sample of 47 – the legal limit is 35 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath.
Clark, of West Parade in Wisbech, has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on March 22.
In a separate incident on the same evening, a 44-year-old man was arrested for being in possession of offensive weapons and breaching Covid-19 regulations.
Police arrived at Union Place after the town council's CCTV spotted him among a small group of men drinking.
You may also want to watch:
When police arrived, they also found the man to also be carrying a hammer and two other weapons.
His items were seized and details of the other people were taken by officers for consideration of reporting.
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 3 Brother-in-law eyes 400-mile trek in memory of United fan Jamie
- 4 Media 'mischief making' over council investments
- 5 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 6 Flooding: 'We’ve probably lost around £10,000'
- 7 Group of children prank call police following ‘several hoax calls’
- 8 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
- 9 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 10 Wife leads tributes to 'generous' husband after battle with Covid-19