Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- Credit: FACEBOOK
A Wisbech man has been charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis after he was stopped by officers last night (January 20).
Dean Clark, 57, was arrested in Market Place just after midnight after providing a breath sample of 47 – the legal limit is 35 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath.
Clark, of West Parade in Wisbech, has been bailed to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on March 22.
In a separate incident on the same evening, a 44-year-old man was arrested for being in possession of offensive weapons and breaching Covid-19 regulations.
Police arrived at Union Place after the town council's CCTV spotted him among a small group of men drinking.
You may also want to watch:
When police arrived, they also found the man to also be carrying a hammer and two other weapons.
His items were seized and details of the other people were taken by officers for consideration of reporting.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen