Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A drink driver arrested in the Fens was more than four and a half times the legal limit.
The 157 reading was taken from a man involved in a crash on Thursday night in Guyhirn near Wisbech
“Needless to say, he was arrested after being 4.5 times the limit,” said a post by police on their Fenland Facebook page.
The driver’s reading of 157 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath compares to the legal limit of 35 microgrammes.
One post to police said: “How could you even walk, let alone drive”.
Using the figure of 157 over the breathalyser kit, police noted that “157 isn't the number of drink drivers we've arrested so far this year -that number is 392”.
The reading is one of the highest recorded in Cambridgeshire this year.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
Another post to police said they were “amazed how so many people drink drive- no sympathy for anyone who's caught over the limit”.