Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police / File / Wikimedia Commons
A 58-year-old man who stole a £57k BMW M4 from a Wisbech street has been jailed.
Danny Biddle, of no fixed abode, was caught in the act on doorbell cam and pleaded guilty to burglary at Cambridge Crown Court.
He was sentenced to three years in prison on Friday, May 20, and the car has never been recovered.
Biddle gained entry to a house on March Road, Wisbech, on December 9, 2021.
The victim arrived home later the same day, and discovered his living room window open.
The victim's BMW M4, worth nearly £60,000, was missing.
Doorbell cam footage from March Road on December 9 was handed to police, and officers identified Biddle, and members of the public reported seeing the burglar at the scene.
- 1 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Fenland: First they came with wind (turbines) now the sun (solar)
- 6 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 7 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 8 Cambs brewery given royal seal of approval on County Day
- 9 Mayor hopes £4m numeracy plan will be 'welcome boost' to county
- 10 Entrepreneur ‘lights up’ after securing £16,000 for lamp shade business
Detective Constable Verity Carrick said: "Thanks to information from the public and officers, we were able to link Biddle to the crime.
"While we were not able to recover the vehicle, we hope this three-year sentence provides some closure to the victim."