Driver who ‘admitted he had been drinking’ refused breath test after crash
- Credit: POLICE
A driver in Wisbech who admitted to police he had been drinking the night before he crashed into a car, refused to carry out a breath test.
The grey BMW crashed into a grey Mercedes on Heron Road, Wisbech, on December 29.
Officers from Wisbech neighbourhood policing team attended the RTC where the BMW driver admitted he had been drinking during the night of December 28.
A spokesperson from Fenland police said: “We attended a report of an RTC where the driver admitted he had been drinking the night before.
“When asked to carry out a breath test, he refused. He was arrested and had a trip to custody.”
They added: “At the Kings Lynn PIC, once again the driver refused to give a breath test or a blood test.”
The driver will be charged for failing to provide and is also looking at a possible driving ban in the new year.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
“He may have even been under the limit if he had provided,” said the spokesperson.