Knife wielding 'violent shoplifter' arrested at B&M
- Credit: Cambs Police
Horrified shoppers watched after a knife wielding shoplifter was arrested at a Wisbech out of town store.
The man was arrested just after 3pm on Good Friday on suspicion of shoplifting, assault, possession of a class B drug and for possession of an offensive weapon.
Police released a photo of the knife on their social media channels today.
The detained man’s mother posted to Policing Fenland Facebook page today claiming her son had been detained overnight and remained in custody without mental health and medical support.
Police said they were called to B&M in Elm High Road which is just inside the Norfolk border to a “report of a violent shoplifter”.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was taken to the police investigation centre of King’s Lynn “on behalf of our Norfolk Police colleagues who have taken on the investigation into this matter”.
Policing Fenland said in a statement they “thank the people who assisted the officer at the scene”.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections