Knife wielding 'violent shoplifter' arrested at B&M
- Credit: Cambs Police
Horrified shoppers watched after a knife wielding shoplifter was arrested at a Wisbech out of town store.
The man was arrested just after 3pm on Good Friday on suspicion of shoplifting, assault, possession of a class B drug and for possession of an offensive weapon.
Police released a photo of the knife on their social media channels today.
The detained man’s mother posted to Policing Fenland Facebook page today claiming her son had been detained overnight and remained in custody without mental health and medical support.
Police said they were called to B&M in Elm High Road which is just inside the Norfolk border to a “report of a violent shoplifter”.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was taken to the police investigation centre of King’s Lynn “on behalf of our Norfolk Police colleagues who have taken on the investigation into this matter”.
Policing Fenland said in a statement they “thank the people who assisted the officer at the scene”.
- 1 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested