Vandals damage rugby club's sponsorship boards
- Credit: Ian Carter
Vandals have damaged sponsorship signs displayed at the March Bears RUFC ground.
Chairman Edwin Fey is urging anyone with information about the incident to contact them.
It is believed to have happened overnight on Friday (December 18).
As well as the sponsorship signs being damaged, rugby goal posts were also pulled up from the pitch.
A thread from the club's Twitter account the next morning said: "We are extremely disappointed to say that the club has been a victim of vandalism overnight. This has been reported to the police.
You may also want to watch:
"This is extremely sad that people are willing to do something like this to a community club which is providing sporting opportunities to the town and run by a team of volunteers who work very hard to make the club the best it can be.
"Our volunteers will be working hard to get everything back in place and sponsorship boards repaired/replaced. If anyone has seen or heard anything related to this incident please do let us know ASAP."
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
Edwin later said: "Everyone at the club is working extremely hard to make improvements and having to do these kinds of repairs is an inconvenience.
"Luckily our dedicated and committed volunteers come with a wide range of skills, so hopefully we won't be left out of pocket from this."
Earlier this year, March Bears RUFC announced it had secured 13 sponsors for 2020-21. The funds go towards supporting the club and its activities throughout the year.
If you have any further information on this incident, contact Edwin on 07766 798156.