'Silly leaving your DNA behind': Police seized uninsured moped in Wisbech
- Credit: POLICING FENLAND FACEBOOK
An uninsured moped rider who tried to run away from officers in Wisbech made the mistake of taking his helmet off and looking back at an officer.
Police tried to stop the moped on Wednesday (March 2) but said "the rider decided he would then go for a run on two legs and wanted nothing more to do with the mean machine".
Sharing news of the incident on the Policing Fenland Facebook page, officers jokingly gave some "feedback where we can".
Firstly, they said it was "a bit silly taking your helmet off in front of the officer and looking back at him as you're running down the pavement.
"We wouldn’t want you tripping over or running into a lamppost."
They added that it was "even more silly leaving your DNA behind".
Having seized the moped under Section 165 of the Road Traffic Act, they said: "Don’t worry, you may have got away, but we have your moped that has no insurance.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
"You can expect a visit in due course unless you want to visit us first at Wisbech police station."