Uninsured driver crashes outside police station in front of officers
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A driver who smashed his BMW into railings outside a police station in front of watching officers admitted being uninsured.
Their convertible 3 Series BMW car smashed through metal railings on Freedom Bridge on Monday night (March 8) - right in front of Wisbech Police Station.
Pictures show the extensive damage caused to the man’s silver and black car, with the entire front end smashed in after the crash.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Not a good drive home last night for this driver as they decided to hit the railings on Freedom Bridge outside the Police Station in Wisbech in front of officers.
“The driver admitted that they were driving with no Insurance so the vehicle was seized and the driver reported.”
You may also want to watch:
“Should have gone to Specsavers,” joked one resident on social media after police released images of the car’s crash and recovery.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months