Two charged with Wisbech murder
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with the murder of 23-year-old Tom Lewis of Wisbech.
Tom was stabbed in the town on September 8 last year but died two days later.
Detectives investigating the murder revealed today they have charged two people.
Tom of Larksfield in Wisbech, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital from Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn to undergo surgery to his leg after he was stabbed in Norwich Road in the early hours of the same morning.
He was placed on life-support in intensive care but was pronounced dead on 10 September after a decision was made to end his life-support treatment.
William Ferreira, 24, of Cherry Road in Wisbech, and Jack Dida, 19, of Turbus Road in Kings Lynn, were both arrested last year but released under investigation.
They were re-arrested yesterday on Wednesday and have since been charged with murder.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
Dida has also been charged with assisting an offender
Both men have been remanded in custody to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court this morning (Thursday).
Four other men aged 18, 22, and two aged 32, were arrested on suspicion of murder last year and released under investigation, however no further action will be taken against them.