Suspected drug driver arrested after three-vehicle A47 crash
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A driver has been arrested after a three-vehicle crash on the A47 at Wisbech today (Monday).
The crash involving a Ford Focus, Land Rover and a HGV forced the stretch of road between Cromwell Road and the Elme Hall Hotel roundabout to shut this afternoon.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to the accident at 12.50pm and the road has since reopened to motorists.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “One driver has been arrested on suspicion of being over the controlled drug limit for cocaine after they failed a DrugsWipe (TM).
“This male driver has been taken to hospital to be checked over."
Damage to the bonnet and front of one of the cars involved in the crash can be seen.
Police could not confirm the age of the arrested driver but said there were no other injuries from the crash.
- 1 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 2 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 3 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 4 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 5 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
- 9 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 10 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
The spokesperson added: “The vehicles were recovered at the scene and enquiries are ongoing.”