CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A shopkeeper was stacking shelves when a man pushed him aside, and another stole bottles of spirits and scratch cards.
Police have now released CCTV of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
The victim, aged in his 50s, was stacking shelves when two men entered the shop.
One grabbed him and pushed him into the shelves. The other went behind the counter and stole the items before they both ran off.
The shopkeeper ran after them and all the alcohol was dropped and smashed on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men put his hand around the victim’s neck and threatened to return and smash the shop windows.
Both then ran from the scene.
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 9 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 10 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
The incident happened at First Stop, in South Street, Stanground, Peterborough at about 6.40pm on Friday (July 23)
Anyone who recognises the man in this photo, or witnessed the robbery, is urged to contact police via its web-chat or on 101 quoting crime reference 35/48505/21.