Maintenance man unable to work after £500 tools theft
- Credit: THE ROSE & CROWN HOTEL WISBECH
A man seen in a Wisbech hotel car park is being sought following the disappearance of £500 worth of a workman’s tools.
Greg Smurthwaite is hoping someone can recognise the man seen in the car park of the Rose and Crown hotel shortly after he discovered the tools had gone missing.
The man was seen on the hotel CCTV and Greg is hoping he can shed light on the theft.
Greg said his tools - including an 18-volt cordless Dewalt drill, 18-volt skill saw, 18-volt multi-tool and a small cordless impact driver - were taken from hotel on Monday morning.
"I popped into the main hotel to move a bed and it was when I came back 30 minutes later that I noticed the tools had gone," he said.
After speaking to the hotel owner, he was given CCTV photos and video and contacted the police.
"It's the first time that anything like this has happened to me and it's come at a pretty bad time as it's stopped me from working," he said.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
"With the pandemic, it's been very hard - not just because I was self-employed but also as I had to isolate due to having type one diabetes.
"It's really set me back as I work for myself. A friend of mine wants a load of decking doing but I can't do anything now."