Police describe as 'shocking' actions of banned driver
- Credit: Cambs Police
A disqualified driver shocked police when they pulled him over and discovered three children in the back seat not wearing seat belts and sandwiched between two adults.
Police officers who stopped the disqualified driver – also driving with on insurance – had just one word for it: “Shocking!”
The car was pulled near services on the A1 in Cambridgeshire at the weekend.
“There were three children in the back not wearing seatbelts – instead they were sandwiched between another two adults,” said a post on Cambridgeshire Constabulary Facebook.
“This is completely unacceptable – putting the lives of the children and others at risk”
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was seized and the driver reported for various offences.
Numerous comments on the Facebook page backed the police action.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
“Obviously they didn’t care about being disqualified or care enough to have insurance in case of damage or injury to their own kids.. or anyone else,” wrote one man.
“Reporting them won’t work.. disqualifying them didn’t work either..”
Another wrote: “That's shocking but for some people, quite normal.
“A few years ago I was behind a Toyota Aygo that stopped on Queens Rd Cambridge. 5 adults and 4 children got out, then the car drive off. Yes, that's right, 6 adults and 4 kids in a car that will struggle to seat 4 adults.”
A woman suggested that “wouldn't it help to show the culprits? Then people in their own neighbourhood can report them when being on the road again”.
Another said “Always see kids in cars without seat belts, climbing around back seats and hanging out of windows here in Peterborough, makes me furious.
“Honked at a car once as a child was hanging out the window and I got a load of abuse from (I assume) the parent, what is wrong with people?”