Police find suspect hiding in a cupboard
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man for missing court appearances - after he was found hiding in a bedroom cupboard.
Officers went to an address in Manea this morning (Tuesday) to arrest the man who was wanted for three counts of failing to appear at court.
As there was no answer when they knocked on the door, an enforcer was used to enter the property.
A post on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: "Officers knocked very hard and very loud but couldn't seem to get anyone in the house to come and speak to them.
"Thankfully they had their big red key with them.
You may also want to watch:
"Just the sight of it and the door was miraculously opened and the man was found hiding in a bedroom cupboard."
It ended: "He was arrested and will now be attending his court appearances."
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager