Pepper spray found where teenagers were ‘looking for lost mobile phone’
- Credit: Cambs Cops
An illegal can of pepper spray was found by police in the exact spot two teenagers were found “looking for a lost mobile phone”.
An officer was cycling to work on Lynn Road in Wisbech just before 8.30pm on Sunday, December 20 when he spotted the teens searching a hedge.
The boys told the officer they were hunting for a missing iPhone which they were unable to describe or say how it was lost before cycling away.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The officer spoke to the homeowner later the same day who had found a can of pepper spray in the area where the two teenagers were searching.
“Enquiries into the incident continue.
You may also want to watch:
“Lads, come along to Wisbech police station, ask for me and I will gladly speak with you about why you were looking for an illegal firearm and how you knew it was there.
“Cycling off was no issue because you were not CCTV aware and I have at least one system so far with your faces on. HO! HO! HO!”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 7 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties