Outwell man allegedly burgled home while resident was inside
- Credit: Google Maps
A 38-year-old man who allegedly took cash and tobacco from a village home has appeared in court.
Damian Chapman, of Church Drove in Outwell, near Wisbech, is charged with the burglary of cash and tobacco from another house in the village.
It follows an incident on April 2 which Norfolk Police attended.
Officers responded to concerns that someone had entered a home in Outwell while the residents were inside.
Tobacco and cash was stolen from an upstairs room.
Norfolk Police were called and officers later arrested Chapman in connection with the incident.
He appeared at King's Lynn Magistrates' Court today (Monday, April 4) charged with two counts of burglary, but one of the charges was withdrawn.
- 1 Cambs brewery given royal seal of approval on County Day
- 2 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 3 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 4 Mayor determined to show positive side of town on County Day
- 5 Police alert fire service to motor home engulfed in flames
- 6 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 7 Plans for 200 new homes on edge of Wisbech revealed
- 8 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 9 Student, 14, arrested at Neale-Wade Academy, March
- 10 9 of the best things to do with the kids within an hour of Wisbech
Chapman is due to make his next appearance at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday, May 3 to contest a charge of burglary of cash and tobacco.