Parents accused of murdering their baby daughter to appear in court in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The parents of a three-month-old girl who died from a severe head injury will appear in court charged with her murder today.
Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18 last year after the baby became unresponsive at her home in Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade.
She was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she died on December 20.
A post mortem examination established Eleanor died from a severe head injury. It also revealed she was malnourished and had numerous historic fractures and a case was launched by the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Unit.
Christopher Easey, 30, and Carly Easey, 35, Eleanor’s parents, have both been charged with her murder.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, from Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, were remanded in custody and will appear at Norwich Crown Court today (Wednesday (September 16).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition