Murdered Wimblington woman ‘died of stab wounds’
- Credit: Instagram
A Wimblington woman found dead in a house at Kettering had been stabbed, a post mortem has revealed.
Maddie Durdant-Hollamby was found by police shortly after 1pm last Friday.
The body of a man, Benjamin Green, was also found in the same house.
“Preliminary post-mortem reports show Ms Durdant-Hollamby died of stab wounds, and Mr Green of self-inflicted knife wounds,” said a spokesperson for Northamptonshire Police.
“The death of Ms Durdant-Hollamby is being treated by detectives as murder, and no-one else is being sought in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Both families have been informed of the findings and continue to be supported by specialist officers.”
Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Joe Banfield, said: “Our investigation into the deaths of Maddie and Ben continues, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
“We continue to ask that the media leave the families and friends of Maddie and Ben to grieve in peace, and cease any efforts to contact them at this desperately sad time.”