Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- Credit: Ben Jolley
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman at a house in March this morning.
Police were called at just after 3am today (Monday May 10) to reports of violence in Oak Tree Close.
Emergency services attended but the woman, aged in her 70s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 35-year-old man from March has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Huntingdon Police Station.
A police cordon is in place at the property and investigations are being carried out at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gordon Blair said: "I would like to reassure the public that we believe this to be an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues.”
Those without internet access should call 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
- 9 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 10 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial