Woman accused with husband of murder of baby daughter is pregnant
- Credit: Archant
A woman accused of the murder of her three-month old daughter is expecting another baby, it has emerged.
Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18 last year, after becoming unresponsive at her home at Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade but died at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, two days later.
Carly Easey, 35, and her partner Christopher Easey, 30, of Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, have both been charged with the murder of their daughter.
The couple appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday (October 13) for a plea and trial preparation hearing and both denied murder, causing or allowing the death of a child, and cruelty to a person under 16.
The court was told Easey, who is currently at Peterborough Prison, is pregnant and due to give birth by Caesarean section later this month.
You may also want to watch:
They will both stand trial on March 8 next year.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition