Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- Credit: Google Maps
A man is on the run after he stole an electric scooter from a child in Wisbech.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, stole the e-scooter from a 13-year-old boy on Norfolk Street near the Wetherspoons pub after threatening him.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “The boy was riding his black Xiaomi Pro 2 e-scooter near to the Wetherspoons pub in Norfolk Street at about 7.30pm on Monday, April 26, when a man threatened him before stealing the scooter.
“The offender is described as white with an English accent and was wearing an all-black tracksuit, a hoodie and a face mask when the incident took place.”
An appeal to find the suspect has since been launched.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on the incident is being urged to contact police through their online web chat service, quoting reference number 35/25105/21.
Alternatively, those without internet access are advised to call 101.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success