Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- Credit: Google Maps
A man is on the run after he stole an electric scooter from a child in Wisbech.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, stole the e-scooter from a 13-year-old boy on Norfolk Street near the Wetherspoons pub after threatening him.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “The boy was riding his black Xiaomi Pro 2 e-scooter near to the Wetherspoons pub in Norfolk Street at about 7.30pm on Monday, April 26, when a man threatened him before stealing the scooter.
“The offender is described as white with an English accent and was wearing an all-black tracksuit, a hoodie and a face mask when the incident took place.”
An appeal to find the suspect has since been launched.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on the incident is being urged to contact police through their online web chat service, quoting reference number 35/25105/21.
Alternatively, those without internet access are advised to call 101.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure