'Blue is my life': Teen's beloved pet cat 'stolen and stuffed in a coat'
- Credit: CHANTELLE LOTT
A teenage girl from Wisbech says a "big hole" has been left in her family after her "beloved" cat was allegedly "stuffed in a coat" and stolen.
Chantelle Lott, 16, found out that her cat Blue was taken on Monday February 21 at 11.30am after checking CCTV around the neighbourhood.
"The boy is my life," she said, having spent several days checking cameras locally.
"He’s always there to comfort me and my family," she added, saying that her mum has had him for 17 or 18 years.
"I’ve grown up with him, so for someone to take him away like that has left a big hole in the family.
"He’s not like a normal cat, he’s like a baby. I can walk around the house with him on my shoulder and he wouldn’t move a muscle."
Talking about the CCTV footage, which has been passed on to police, she said the footage shows the woman "impulsively picking up the cat even after it jumped out of her arms twice".
- 1 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 2 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 3 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
- 5 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 9 Roads minister and North East Cambs MP open £17m Guyhirn roundabout
- 10 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
She said the CCTV then shows the woman, who was later seen heading down Leverington on foot, "stuffing Blue in her coat".
She added: "We would really appreciate it if people could keep an eye out for our baby and inform us if they have any useful information."
Cambridgeshire police have been approached for comment.