Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- Credit: Archant
Fire chiefs have revealed that a car fire in Gorefield shortly after 3pm on Monday afternoon (November 1) was deliberate.
Details of the fire were released today (November 2).
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said that at 3:04pm a crew from Wisbech were called to a car fire on High Side, Gorefield.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire,” they said.
Crews returned to their station by 4:51pm.
The spokesperson added: “The cause of the fire was believed to be deliberate.”
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
- 10 'Teaching was his life': Tributes paid to Nick, 55, after Covid battle