Five held after fleeing through window during drugs raid
- Credit: Cambs Police
At least five suspects are being quizzed after drugs, cash and a knife were seized during two police raids in March.
Police carried out warrants on Thursday in Pierson Court and Creek Road.
A police spokesperson said they acted “in response to community concerns raised around drugs”.
At Pierson Court, five men were detained after they attempted to flee through front windows.
“Unluckily for them, two officers were already waiting to greet them,” said the spokesperson.
“The men were searched and found to have nothing in their possession; however, in the house class A and B drugs, scales, weapons and about £800 were found.”
In Creek Road, again both class A and B drugs were found.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
The spokesperson added; “All drugs and weapons were seized; no arrests were made however investigations into both addresses are ongoing.”
Responding on their Facebook page to the seizures, the spokesperson added: “We will not discuss on here about arrests or why they were not arrested at the time.”