Five held after fleeing through window during drugs raid
- Credit: Cambs Police
At least five suspects are being quizzed after drugs, cash and a knife were seized during two police raids in March.
Police carried out warrants on Thursday in Pierson Court and Creek Road.
A police spokesperson said they acted “in response to community concerns raised around drugs”.
At Pierson Court, five men were detained after they attempted to flee through front windows.
“Unluckily for them, two officers were already waiting to greet them,” said the spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“The men were searched and found to have nothing in their possession; however, in the house class A and B drugs, scales, weapons and about £800 were found.”
In Creek Road, again both class A and B drugs were found.
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
The spokesperson added; “All drugs and weapons were seized; no arrests were made however investigations into both addresses are ongoing.”
Responding on their Facebook page to the seizures, the spokesperson added: “We will not discuss on here about arrests or why they were not arrested at the time.”