Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- Credit: Family
The family of a 35-year-old man stabbed in Wimblington say they are “devastated and struggling to come to terms” with his death.
The family issued a statement describing their feelings at the loss of a “fun-loving guy” who “enjoyed life to the full”.
Police say Nigel Ebbage was murdered at his home in Honeysuckle Close, Wimblington, last Thursday.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Ebbage died as a result of stab wounds.
He was discovered at a house in Honeysuckle Close at about noon on Thursday (29 April) and was declared dead shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, which his family released with images, they said: “We are all devastated and struggling to come to terms with Nigel’s death.
“He was a family man; he loved his children and family and would do anything for them.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
“He was a fun-loving guy, always cracking a joke. He enjoyed life to the full. He loved the outdoors, especially his kayak.”
Mr Ebbage’s family have asked to be left to grieve in private.
Meanwhile, a man appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with Mr Ebbage’s murder.
Lance Woollard, 64, of Richmond Avenue, March, was remanded in custody and is due to appear again at Cambridge Crown Court today (Tuesday).