Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- Credit: Family
The family of a 35-year-old man stabbed in Wimblington say they are “devastated and struggling to come to terms” with his death.
The family issued a statement describing their feelings at the loss of a “fun-loving guy” who “enjoyed life to the full”.
Police say Nigel Ebbage was murdered at his home in Honeysuckle Close, Wimblington, last Thursday.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Ebbage died as a result of stab wounds.
He was discovered at a house in Honeysuckle Close at about noon on Thursday (29 April) and was declared dead shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, which his family released with images, they said: “We are all devastated and struggling to come to terms with Nigel’s death.
“He was a family man; he loved his children and family and would do anything for them.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
“He was a fun-loving guy, always cracking a joke. He enjoyed life to the full. He loved the outdoors, especially his kayak.”
Mr Ebbage’s family have asked to be left to grieve in private.
Meanwhile, a man appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with Mr Ebbage’s murder.
Lance Woollard, 64, of Richmond Avenue, March, was remanded in custody and is due to appear again at Cambridge Crown Court today (Tuesday).