Vandals smash rear window of parked car overnight – did you see anything?
- Credit: File/For Illustrative Purposes (WikiMedia CC)
A motorist woke up over the weekend to find their car had been broken into by vandals – did you witness anything in the area?
The break-in happened overnight between Saturday, January 2 at 10.30pm and Sunday, January 3 at 10am on Elm High Road near Wisbech.
The rear window of the victim’s blue Nissan Pathfinder – which was parked on their driveway at the time – was smashed in during the incident.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: “Police are appealing for information after a car was damaged near Wisbech at the weekend.
“A blue Nissan Pathfinder was parked on a driveway outside a property on Elm High Road, when the rear window was smashed.
“The incident happened overnight between 10.30pm on Saturday 2 January and 10am on Sunday 3 January 2021.
“Officers are asking anyone who witnessed the incident, or suspicious activity in the area at the time to get in touch.”
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
Anyone with information, CCTV footage or dashcam footage from the area during the times stated should contact PC Amanda Shreeve at Op Solve on 101.
They should quote crime reference number 36/486/21 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.