Drink driver three times over the limit at 5.40am
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A drink driver is spending the day sobering up in the cells after a 5.40am stop by police found him three times over the limit.
The driver was spotted by police in Churchill Road, Wisbech.
A police spokesperson said the driver was “seen to be swerving in the road”. They pulled him over for a breathalyser test.
When they took a reading, police say he blew a “whopping 119 at the roadside – that's more than three times the legal limit of 35!”.
Police say the high reading “shocked” them.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was arrested and police say the man “currently remains in custody”.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache