Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
- Credit: Policing Fenland
“If you booze and cruise, get set to lose,” is the latest Fen Cops slogan following a string of drink-driving incidents across the county at the weekend.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary have reported “several incidents” over the weekend, with two drivers being charged in the Fenland area.
The first driver was charged with drink driving in Chatteris, after they blew 64 during a roadside alcohol breath test, just under twice the limit.
The second more shocking driver was charged in Wisbech after they blew a 155 at the side of the road, that’s over four times the legal limit.
“The limits 35, don’t drink drive,” said a Cambridgeshire police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’re planning on having a drink, make sure you’ve got a safe and legal means of transport before you pick up that first bevvie.”
For more information on drink-driving, the law and how to report information to police, visit: https://bit.ly/2RbBwbA
- 1 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
- 10 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend