Police swoop on stolen car using cloned plates
- Credit: Cambs Police
Police unearthed a series of offences when they stopped a car in Wisbech today.
A team of specialists from the three counties roads policing unit describe how they brought the car to a halt “pre-emptively to prevent pursuit”.
The policing unit – tweeting a photo – said the car had been stolen and was being driven on cloned lates,
Suspects in custody are being questioned over a number of alleged offences,
These include theft of fuel and the driver suspected of being under the influence of cocaine and cannabis.
Two people were detained.
Police hope to return the car shortly to its rightful owner
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss