Community centre targeted by vandals yet again
- Credit: GEOFF HARPER
A Fenland community centre has again been targeted by vandals following a spate of incidents in November.
"Somebody forced the doors" on Christchurch Community Centre's new notice board according to a post on the centre's Facebook page.
It comes after a light was damaged and guttering was removed from the centre at the end of November.
The Facebook post reads: "These continued senseless acts of vandalism will not be tolerated and when the culprit is identified they will be prosecuted. Surely it must be somebody local doing this?
"In the meantime, could the Christchurch community please report any suspicious activity noted around the centre and recreation ground. All communications will be in the strictest confidence."
At the time of the first incident, Geoff Harper, chairman of the Christchurch Recreation Ground charity and a parish councillor, said the venue has not suffered any similar incidents before and that there are plans to install CCTV cameras around the building.
You may also want to watch:
“The hall is voluntary-run and there are a few people in the village that have put a lot of time and effort to make it a good place,” he said in November.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter