Community centre targeted by vandals yet again
- Credit: GEOFF HARPER
A Fenland community centre has again been targeted by vandals following a spate of incidents in November.
"Somebody forced the doors" on Christchurch Community Centre's new notice board according to a post on the centre's Facebook page.
It comes after a light was damaged and guttering was removed from the centre at the end of November.
The Facebook post reads: "These continued senseless acts of vandalism will not be tolerated and when the culprit is identified they will be prosecuted. Surely it must be somebody local doing this?
"In the meantime, could the Christchurch community please report any suspicious activity noted around the centre and recreation ground. All communications will be in the strictest confidence."
At the time of the first incident, Geoff Harper, chairman of the Christchurch Recreation Ground charity and a parish councillor, said the venue has not suffered any similar incidents before and that there are plans to install CCTV cameras around the building.
You may also want to watch:
“The hall is voluntary-run and there are a few people in the village that have put a lot of time and effort to make it a good place,” he said in November.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run