Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Over £656,000 worth of cannabis plants were seized in Doddington.
Dried cannabis was also discovered when officers were called to a house in Fen View yesterday (Sunday), where a man, from London, was arrested.
Over 600 plants were found at a cannabis factory in the village, which police say are worth up to £656,425.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “At about 5pm yesterday (June 20) officers discovered a cannabis factory at a property in Fen View, Doddington.
“More than 600 plants were seized, as well as a large quantity of dried cannabis."
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “A 41 year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and he remains in custody.”
Earlier this month, it was reported illegal drugs were seized including £25,000 from a house in Whittlesey during a two-week police operation across Fenland and Peterborough.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible