Cannabis plants worth £640,000 raided by police at property
- Credit: Cambs Police
Cannabis plants worth around £640,000 were discovered by police “glowing with heat” inside a property in St Ives.
Thermal imaging capability was used to detect the stash found by police and fire service crews in London Road.
Officers entered the property at around 11am yesterday (January 10) to find the plants secured in a room.
In a post on Policing Huntingdonshire, it read: “We were busy in St Ives yesterday combating organised crime on a large scale.
“Using thermal imaging capability, officers noticed a property on London Road, St Ives, glowing with heat.
“A cannabis grow with an upper estimated value of approximately £640,000 was discovered.
“Two persons remain in custody at this time.”
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 3 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 8 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 9 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape