Daughter warns of scamming after mum, 87, loses nearly £5k to roofing company
- Credit: Archant
A daughter is warning Cambridgeshire residents about recent scamming in the area after her mum lost nearly £5,000 to a roofing company.
The woman says the company has recently been putting numerous fliers through residents’ doors in March and the surrounding areas.
“They tried to scam my 87-year-old mother out of nearly £5,000 for roofing work she didn’t really need doing,” she said.
The woman believes that the company has only been set up for a week, and says the owner has “no experience of roofing at all”.
She shared what happened to her mum on social media, to make others aware of the situation and in hopes no one else is scammed by the company.
“The website is full of lies,” she said.
“He even tried to get my mum to go out with him to the cash point to draw out an advance of money.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 7 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 8 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
“Very charming guy but complete scammer.”
For more information on scamming, please visit Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s website and search ‘door-to-door and courier fraud’.