Cops swoop on burgling pair at unoccupied house
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
Two men have been arrested after an unoccupied house which has already “been targeted a couple of times” before was broken into.
Craig Stark and Jason Bywater, both of Chatteris, were arrested by Cambridgeshire Police after reports of a burglary at a house in Ring’s End.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said: ‘Police were called at 12.48pm on December 29 to reports of suspicious activity in an unoccupied property in Ring’s End.
“Police attended and arrested two men on suspicion of burglary.”
A resident who lives nearby said a silver Peugeot 306 that was reportedly driven by one of the suspects was recovered by police at around 3.10pm.
“The lady who lived there died a few months ago and the house has been targeted a couple of times whilst empty,” said the resident.
The vehicle was seized but it is unclear what items were stolen from the house, which have since been recovered.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 6 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 7 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
Stark, 38, will appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday).
Bywater, 54, has been released on bail to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on February 25.