Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy was arrested in connection with a deliberate fire in Wisbech.
The boy was arrested in connection with a fire at the Horsefair Shopping Centre before he was taken to the King’s Lynn police investigation centre and bailed to return there at a later date.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “Enquiries continue; if you have any information, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or contact us on 101.”
The arrest came amid an investigation into deliberate fires by Cambridgeshire police, which have received 161 calls to fires since the start of August.
Some of these calls include natural and accidental fires, as well as arson.
The spokesperson said: “If it’s concluded a fire was deliberate, crimes for arson will be raised and an investigation conducted, any suspects would be dealt with appropriately.
“Neighbourhood teams regularly conduct patrols through Wisbech Park and Horsefair.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Victory for the men in red
"If you have any concerns, call us on 101.”