Knives, machetes and drugs seized as boy, 16, arrested
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
A 16-year-old boy was arrested after police uncovered drugs and weapons including two machetes and a knuckleduster at an address in Wisbech.
Cambridgeshire Police paid a visit to an outbuilding in Chapel Road, where they made the discovery.
A police spokesperson said: “The Wisbech neighbourhood policing team paid a visit to an address in relation to some enquiries we had.
“At about 8.30pm on January 5, officers visited an outbuilding in Chapel Road.
“Once inside they discovered two knives, two machetes, a knuckleduster and an extendable baton.”
The spokesperson added: “They also found a small quantity of cannabis and the weapons and drugs were seized.”
Officers were praised on social media for their efforts.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 3 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
One Facebook user wrote: “Well done guys and girls; you are making the streets safer for decent people.”
The boy was spoken to by officers and an investigation is ongoing.