Knives, machetes and drugs seized as boy, 16, arrested
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
A 16-year-old boy was arrested after police uncovered drugs and weapons including two machetes and a knuckleduster at an address in Wisbech.
Cambridgeshire Police paid a visit to an outbuilding in Chapel Road, where they made the discovery.
A police spokesperson said: “The Wisbech neighbourhood policing team paid a visit to an address in relation to some enquiries we had.
“At about 8.30pm on January 5, officers visited an outbuilding in Chapel Road.
“Once inside they discovered two knives, two machetes, a knuckleduster and an extendable baton.”
The spokesperson added: “They also found a small quantity of cannabis and the weapons and drugs were seized.”
Officers were praised on social media for their efforts.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
One Facebook user wrote: “Well done guys and girls; you are making the streets safer for decent people.”
The boy was spoken to by officers and an investigation is ongoing.