Suspected drink/drug driver crashes into couple's home
- Credit: Police
Neighbours have told police about the moment a driver crashed into a wall before careering into an elderly couple’s house.
Police arrived quickly at the scene and arrested the driver on suspicion of dangerous driving and of drink/drug driving.
“The driver of the vehicle has woken up in custody this morning,” a police spokesperson said today.
“I feel sorry for the elderly couple we were speaking to off the house he’d smashed into and a wall further up the road,” one resident told police.
Another said: “We called the police on this man last night after he crashed into the house then parked up outside our house with his car falling apart.”
The incident happened in School Lane, Ramsey, last night (Sunday).
The police spokesperson said that “thankfully no one in the house was injured”.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire