Anger as prized floral cycle vandalised
- Credit: Alan Wheeldon
Vandals destroyed a prized floral display in Wisbech.
The town, with a reputation as a floral capital not simply of the Fens but of the UK, was branded “lawless” after a decorated bicycle was wrecked.
A volunteer for Wisbech In Bloom, Alan Wheeldon took these photos of the cycle that had been decorated and put on display
“This criminal damage was recently carried out by the notorious Wisbech Biker gang,” he said.
“One of the floral bicycles in Museum Square, put out by Wisbech in Bloom, was completely destroyed.”
Describing the town as “lawless” he said the problem was out of hours policing.
“Although recently daytime police patrols have been visible in the town they don't seem to be around 'after hours' when the actual crimes are taking place,” he said.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
He said the damaged bike “launched into someone's front garden where it broke two window panes.
“The total inadequacy of the Wisbech CCTV system is also once again starkly demonstrated.”